Becoming a CBD assessor
Only Commercial Building Disclosure (CBD) accredited assessors can apply for Building Energy Efficiency Certificates (BEECs) on behalf of building owners or lessors, conduct CBD Tenancy Lighting Assessments, and provide assessor supporting statements for exemption applications.
A CBD accredited assessor is someone who has been accredited by the Department of the Environment and Energy as a CBD assessor under the provisions of the Building Energy Efficiency Disclosure Act 2010.
To become a CBD accredited assessor, you need to complete the required training and submit your application to the Department of the Environment and Energy.
- Successfully complete the National Australian Built Environment Rating System (NABERS) training and sign a contract with the NABERS Administrator, the NSW Office of the Environment and Heritage. Ideal candidates for the NABERS Assessor Accreditation Course have formal qualifications and/or skills in the management and operation of commercial buildings. Those with experience in building energy efficiency may also be suited.For more information, see the NABERS website.
- Successfully complete one or more supervised NABERS Energy for offices ratings, as required by the NABERS National Administrator.
- Successfully complete the CBD Accredited Assessor Training Course—Lighting full-day course on assessing energy efficiency of office lighting in accordance with CBD Tenancy Lighting Assessment for Office Rules. Training is provided by NABERS and is run on select dates to coincide with NABERS assessor training. There is a course fee for the training session. See CBD assessor training slides and worked examples for tenancy lighting assessments for more details.
- Successfully complete the Commercial Building Disclosure Program Module. You can complete this online interactive training course from your own computer in around 90 minutes. This module involves reading through each topic and completing associated activities before successfully completing an assessment with multiple choice questions. If you have any queries, please email us at email@example.com or call 1800 020 131. There is no charge for this course. See CBD Program module registration for more details.
- For more information, download our guidance note on Becoming a CBD accredited assessor.