Welcome to the Commercial Building Disclosure Program
The Commercial Building Disclosure (CBD) Program is a regulatory program that requires energy efficiency information to be provided in most cases when commercial office space of 1000 square metres or more is offered for sale or lease. A quick video overview of the CBD Program can be found here. To find more information on the CBD Program, see 'What is CBD?' Information on how building owners can improve the energy efficiency of their building in preparation for a Building Energy Efficiency Certificate can be found here.
Latest News and Events
- Oct 18
Registrations are now open for the upcoming CBD Accredited Assessor Training to be held in Sydney in October 2018.
- Sep 19
The CBD team is running interactive workshop sessions for CBD Accredited Assessors in Adelaide, Perth and Brisbane in conjunction with the NABERS roadshow events.
- Jul 01
The fees for applying for an exemption or accreditation as a CBD Assessor will increase by $8 to $410 from 1 July 2018.
- Jun 19
The Department of the Environment and Energy and Team Catalyst are hosting a free online webinar for the HVAC rating tool Calculating Cool on Tuesday 19 June 2018.
- Jun 11
Did you know?
Since the Commercial Building Disclosure Program commenced:
- Over 5,000 Building Energy Efficiency Certificates (BEEC) have been issued
- Over 1,500 unique buildings have been captured by the Commercial Building Disclosure Program
- The average NABERS rating on a BEEC was 3 stars
- The average Nominal Lighting Power Density (NLPD) of tenancies was 12.5 W/m2
- The average number of active CBD assessors was 130.
For more information see the statistics page
* Note: data valid up until 30 June 2016