Welcome to the Commercial Building Disclosure Program
The Commercial Building Disclosure (CBD) Program is a regulatory program that requires energy efficiency information to be provided in most cases when commercial office space of 1000 square metres or more is offered for sale or lease. A quick video overview of the CBD Program can be found here. To find more information on the CBD Program, see 'What is CBD?' Information on how building owners can improve the energy efficiency of their building in preparation for a Building Energy Efficiency Certificate can be found here.
Latest News and Events
- Oct 10
Registrations are now open for the upcoming CBD Accredited Assessor Training to be held in Sydney, Melbourne and Perth in October 2017.
- Oct 02
The CBD office will be closed on Monday 2 October 2017 for the Labour Day Public Holiday in the ACT. Business will recommence on Tuesday 3 October 2017.
- Sep 25
The CBD office will be closed for the Family & Community Day Public Holiday in the ACT.
- Aug 11
Victorian State Government launches Better Commercial Buildings initiative
- Jul 11
Please note the CBD Team will be attending training off-site and will be unavailable on Tuesday 11 July 2017.
Did you know?
Since the Commercial Building Disclosure Program commenced:
- Over 5,000 Building Energy Efficiency Certificates (BEEC) have been issued
- Over 1,500 unique buildings have been captured by the Commercial Building Disclosure Program
- The average NABERS rating on a BEEC was 3 stars
- The average Nominal Lighting Power Density (NLPD) of tenancies was 12.5 W/m2
- The average number of active CBD assessors was 130.
For more information see the statistics page
* Note: data valid up until 30 June 2016