Welcome to the Commercial Building Disclosure Program
The Commercial Building Disclosure (CBD) Program is a regulatory program that requires energy efficiency information to be provided in most cases when commercial office space of 1000 square metres or more is offered for sale or lease. A quick video overview of the CBD Program can be found here. To find more information on the CBD Program, see 'What is CBD?' Information on how building owners can improve the energy efficiency of their building in preparation for a Building Energy Efficiency Certificate can be found here.
Latest News and Events
- Dec 22
The CBD office will be closed from 12 noon Friday 22 December 2017 and will reopen Tuesday 2 January 2018. The CBD Hotline will not be answered during this time.
- Dec 08
The CBD Team will be unavailable from 12 noon on Friday 8 December 2017.
- Dec 01
The CBD Team will be unavailable from 12 noon on Friday 1 December
- Oct 14
The CBD Assessor Portal will be unavailable from 10:00am – 6:00pm (AEDT) on Saturday 14 October 2017, due to scheduled system maintenance.
- Oct 10
Registrations are now open for the upcoming CBD Accredited Assessor Training to be held in Sydney, Melbourne and Perth in October 2017.
Did you know?
Since the Commercial Building Disclosure Program commenced:
- Over 5,000 Building Energy Efficiency Certificates (BEEC) have been issued
- Over 1,500 unique buildings have been captured by the Commercial Building Disclosure Program
- The average NABERS rating on a BEEC was 3 stars
- The average Nominal Lighting Power Density (NLPD) of tenancies was 12.5 W/m2
- The average number of active CBD assessors was 130.
For more information see the statistics page
* Note: data valid up until 30 June 2016