Welcome to the Commercial Building Disclosure Program
The Commercial Building Disclosure (CBD) Program is a regulatory program that requires energy efficiency information to be provided in most cases when commercial office space of 1000 square metres or more is offered for sale or lease. A quick video overview of the CBD Program can be found here. To find more information on the CBD Program, see 'What is CBD?' Information on how building owners can improve the energy efficiency of their building in preparation for a Building Energy Efficiency Certificate can be found here. An Independent Review of the CBD Program is occurring during 2019 - further details here.
Latest News and Events
- Jan 11
Save the date
- Dec 18
The government is undertaking an Independent Review of the CBD Program to assess its effectiveness and consider the case for expanding th
- Dec 17
The CBD Program (hotline, email enquiries and processing) will be closed from 12 noon, 24th December 2018 AEST and recommence on 2nd Janu
- Nov 19
The National Energy Efficiency Conference is Australia’s premier annual event for the energy efficiency sector. The Conference brings together over 350 energy users, policy makers and energy efficiency providers with leading domestic and international experts to analyse, debate and explore new opportunities to save energy in Australian homes and businesses.
- Oct 18
Registrations are now open for the upcoming CBD Accredited Assessor Training to be held in Sydney in October 2018.
Did you know?
- 7,800 Building Energy Efficiency Certificates (BEECs) have been issued over the life of the program
- Over 2,100 buildings have been issued with BEECs
- The area-weighted average NABERS Energy rating increased from 3.4 stars for BEECs issued in 2011/12 to 4.1 stars in 2017-18
- The area-weighted average Nominal Lighting Power Density (NLPD) of the lighting in office tenancies is 9.3 W/m²
- There are 147 CBD accredited assessors
These figures were current at the end of 2017/18
For more information see the statistics page